Onirike is a title I’ve meant to write about for a while now. With the Steam Games Festival, it has given me a nudge, if not, a punt to the testicles to get on with it.
We all dream – whether that’s at night, during the day at work or perhaps you dream of Lucy? That’s one for the demographics. But here’s the question: what happens to dreams that don’t come true?
Controlling Prieto, an unknown entity that can turn invisible at will (Hi, Will), you explore this dream orb through a combination of stealth, exploration and a variety of puzzles. There’s even a little nod there at one of Salvador Dali’s infamous paintings; The Persistence of Memory.
Here are some of the other features in ze game:
- Explore Onirike’s intricate open world.
- Discover its charming non-linear story.
- Be amazed by its peculiar graphics and sound aesthetics.
- Gain new abilities for Prieto.
- Grow gypsophila strategically.
- Avoid dreams devourers using invisibility.
In the meantime, here’s a trailer, which, quite frankly, is gorgeous: