Morbid The Seven Acolytes is a dark and disturbing retro RPG that infuses Dark Souls as a reference point, but as if a twisted version of the Zelda series in this isometric throwback.
Just mentioning the C-word there sends me tingling – to say I’m a fan of the director is an understatement – coupled with good old H.P. makes this a partnership that needs to be experienced.
In the isometric souls-like action RPG, you play the last Stiver of Dibrom and are tasked with defeating the Seven Acolytes and liberate the kingdom from their menacing ways; Morbid The Seven Acolytes looks bloody fantastic.
Morbid The Seven Acolytes has you exploring the hostile world of Mornia mastering combat and customisations galore – or should that be gore? This RPG title features the classic looting mechanics, upgrades, perks, runes and of course; side quests.
- Experience epic, brutal boss encounters and explore a diverse array of environments
- Perk levelling system with multiple ways to build your character
- Deep, immersive lore with NPC’s to meet throughout the world
- Over 25 Unique Melee Weapons, such as Swords, Axes, Maces, Spears, Two-Handers, as well several guns ranging from Pistols, Shotguns and Rifles
- Epic fully orchestrated soundtrack comprised 18 tracks
- Health, Stamina and Sanity management is important as you traverse the world
For this pixel art based game, it packs quite the punch with its visceral presentation, but also the fully orchestrated sounds epic and puts it on par with similar scores as those in the Dark Souls series.
The first encounter sets the tone for the remainder of the game, so if that has you disturbed but wanting to play more, then ‘we’re in for a treat’ – even if it is a morbid one.
Morbid The Seven Acolytes is coming to consoles but also the PC and you can wishlist this brutal adventure on Steam now.