Cyberpunk title Danger Scavenger is out now on Steam and GOG, courtesy of Star Drifters.
Once upon a time, in a land where the Amiga 500 ruled, there was a game called Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters, and I played it to death. I’m not entirely sure what it was that I enjoyed so much, but I see a design element present in Danger Scavenger.
A rogue-like ‘skyline crawler’ (that’s a new one), the game is a cyberpunk-themed title where you play a scavenger, taking down the greedy corporations on the rooftops.
Danger Scavenger features include:
- Dynamic risk-reward gameplay. Make your choices carefully, face challenges, and become the hero you always wanted to be! Or… pick the easy way out and return with nothing.
- Four unique Scavengers to choose from at the start, with more to come. Each one has its own skills and problem-solving style: stealth, strategy, rapid-fire action, or maybe a mix? You decide!
- Join forces with up to four Scavengers to kick corporation ass in co-op mode!
- Defeat five greedy corporations. Face 30+ types of enemies, their elite versions, and bosses. All that on randomly generated levels, so no two playthroughs will be the same.
- Choose from a large selection of 30+ weapons and 50+ items/upgrades, active and passive, to buy or loot.
- Unexpected item combinations that you’ll discover during your adventures. Just like no two snowflakes are the same, you’ll never get the same build twice. Design your perfect strategy by repeated trial and error – followed by many deaths, of course.
- Collect scattered scraps of metal and craft the equipment of your dreams out of them. You can adapt each weapon to your individual needs and the way it works will be entirely up to you.
- An immersive soundtrack composed by Szymon Weiss.
- You’ll climb higher than ever before in this intense cyberpunk roguelike skyline crawler. Danger Scavenger will take you to the roofs of a breathtaking cyberpunk city where you will face mighty enemies controlled by a soulless AI.
Check out the trailer here: