Thunderful Publishing has announced that Curious Expedition 2 will soon be coming to Steam Early Access.
It only seemed like yesterday that I reviewed Curious Expedition on Vulgar Knight, and it was an enjoyable experience.
Aside from the combat. But that might have been my incompetence.
With Curious Expedition 2, Maschinen-Mensch unleashes a new world for us to explore and have a quick peek at before the official launch in the autumn.
Involving our players in the development process has been fundamental in shaping and improving the original Curious Expedition, and we’re sure it will be the same for the sequel.Riad Djemili, co-founder of Maschinen-Mensch.
The sequel once again joins the ranks of the legendary Explorer Clubs as they trade, battle and steal from the natives in the name of science, fame and loot.
Curious Expedition 2 features include:
- Explore procedurally generated worlds in a variety of biomes, each featuring a new combination of dangers and opportunities.
- Manage your resources to keep your trek alive and sanity high. Balance greed against your survival needs to find glory without perishing.
- Procedural storytelling makes every adventure unique. Your characters form relationships, change loyalty, acquire mental illnesses, and more in response to the environment and your decisions.
- Embark on an epic campaign that combines procedural gameplay with handcrafted story to create a narrative experience that can be played again and again.
- All-new combat mechanics will require all your cleverness to survive fierce wild animals and legendary creatures.
- Join online challenges and pledge yourself to an Explorer Club to compete for unique rewards.
- Outfit your party members with equippable gear to create builds that can take on any challenge.
- Set off on all-new expedition types, each with their own unique goal and events. Will you seek out the legendary Golden Pyramid or choose to recover the Rainbow Orchid instead?
- Explore and discover mysterious locations. Plunder ancient shrines, haggle with strange mole people, loot ghostly pirate ships, and more…
- 4K-native graphics featuring a classic comic-inspired art style.
- Veteran CE1 players will discover tons of new content: new items, character types, enemies, biomes, tribes, events, and more!
Check out the latest announcement trailer that covers the new features based on the feedback from the players:
Curious Expedition 2 will be available to play on Steam from the 17th of June.