Fancy a spot of fisticuffs with five other players? Beat Me! might satisfy your violent tendencies (in a gaming environment, of course).
Another playable demo up for grabs during the Steam Game Festival, Beat Me! is a physics-based multiplayer brawler, similar to Smash Bros. Ultimate, but more in-line with the classic Xbox title Kung Fu Chaos.
The other connection with the latter title is the game, from Red Limb Studio, uses puppets in the battles.
Connect with six players in total in this comical, fantasy environment as they pummel the crap out of each other.
Features in Beat Me! include:
- Enjoy the game together, with up to 6 players in total.
- Challenge your friends to try to beat you locally through shared-screen or over the internet.
- Experience a special physics-based combat system.
- Choose from many fantasy characters with unique abilities and fighting styles.
- Enjoy over 100 highly interactive and fun levels.
- Pick from a number of different game modes, including deathmatch.
- Use chat and voice chat in online mode!
The playable demo features four playable characters and over 30 levels to experiment with. Note that the demo features online play too!
Here’s some footage:
Beat Me! will be released in the second quarter on Steam and Nintendo Switch and later on ‘the other consoles’.